Kids Hanging Nest Hammock - Sensory Swing
Our Kids Hanging Nest Hammock Pod - is a sensory swing that is now available, even bigger and better than the original. This is ideal for anyone looking for the comfort and relaxation offered by sensory therapy pods, float pods, isolation pods, and float pod therapy.
This Kids Hanging Nest Hammock Pod is a fun and unique accessory for any child's bedroom, playroom, or suitable outdoor living area. It is called a Calming Cocoon for a very good reason.
With a weight capacity of 120kgs, this is an ideal retreat space to sit and read!
The Kids Hanging Nest Hammock Pod is the best on the market that will allow your child to be as far or as close as they are comfortable with. Floating relaxation pods are renowned for their therapeutic benefits including sensory experiences, relaxation, and feelings of security.
Made with a nylon mesh for extra breathability in the warmer months and a hook to hang it up with.
Hook included. Stand not included!
- FUN ACCESSORY- The Kids Hanging Nest Hammock Pod is a great addition to your child's bedroom, playroom, or appropriate outdoor living area! It offers a comfortable seat for your child’s reading nook, cozy corner, or lounge spot.
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION- Constructed from a nylon mesh for strength and durability, this swing chair has a weight capacity of up to 120kgs, making it a sturdy piece of furniture that your child will be able to enjoy for years to come.
- PADDED SEAT CUSHION- The seat of the Hanging Nest Pod chair is padded for added softness, so your little boy or girl can relax in comfort as they read, listen to music, or just daydream.
- HANGING HARDWARE INCLUDED- All the necessary hanging equipment is conveniently included with the swing for easy installation.
- 130 cm in height
- 100 cm diameter
Includes Hook, strap & Storage Bag
For years, occupational therapists have been using autism sensory swings as a way to teach the body and mind to work together. They provide vestibular and proprioceptive input, which stimulates your child’s senses.
Children with Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) have a hard time filtering and organizing sensory input. This overflow of information puts stress on the nervous system, causing sensory meltdowns. Sensory input, like cuddling and swinging, calms the body’s “fight or flight” response. Sensory swings make your child feel safe, soothing their overly stimulated senses.
The vestibular system is the most important of the body’s senses. It lets us know if we’re moving, how fast we’re moving, and in which direction we’re headed. A developed vestibular system allows us to navigate our environment with confidence. This is because our brain knows exactly where the body is in relation to other objects.
Another benefit of sensory swings is an increase balance and coordination. When children have trouble processing vestibular input, their body doesn’t know how to move within their environment.
As your child sits in their sensory swing, they gain confidence that their body is safe— even when their feet are off the ground. The stronger these associations become, the more their balance improves.
The swinging motion and Deep Pressure Therapy have an organizing effect on the brain. This gives them some much needed relief from an overwhelmed nervous system. So what is the benefit? Sensory swings make children with autism feel more “in balance.” Because of this, many parents find that swinging before or during homework increases concentration.
From increasing attention span, to improving coordination, the benefits of sensory swings are endless.
Standard Delivery Times
(Based on working days once your order has been dispatched from our warehouse)
PLEASE NOTE: COVID DELAYS APPLY TO CURRENT DELIVERY TIMES
YOU MAY NEED TO ALLOW 8 - 10 BUSINESS DAYS FOR SOME ITEMS!
Shipping costs are based on the size and weight of the product and your location. Shipping is calculated and added to the total at checkout before payment.
Please note, in some circumstances, an order may attract an extra shipping fee due to unusually bulky or heavy item status or a remote address.*
* In a small number of cases the freight companies will charge us more than what is reasonable to pay to deliver an order, usually for large bulky items to regional locations. We reserve the right to vary our freight charge if this occurs and will advise you before processing your order.
In this instance, DEO will contact you prior to finalising the sale.
We deliver products using a number of local freight operators.
Free freight may be available for some products during a promotional period at the discretion of DEO.
Orders are processed within a business day and dispatched within 2-3 business days.
Shipping times are estimated at between 2 - 3 days for metro regions and 5 - 7 business days for regional areas.
Although DEO will make every effort to adhere to an agreed time for delivery, it accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from any delay however caused.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.