Sandpiper® All-Terrain Chair – Beach Wheelchair
Temporarily out of Stock!
Taking pre-orders now for May!
The Sandpiper® is an All-Terrain Chair AND a Beach Wheel Chair. A Beach Wheel Chair is primarily designed for beach/ water use, whereas an All-Terrain Chair Sandpiper® is designed with unique WheelEEZ® polyurethane balloon wheels, allowing the user water access, PLUS a multitude of other terrains (beach, gravel, grass, rural areas, trails, and tracks, etc.). Go Anywhere with Sandpiper® and enjoy the best of both worlds.
The Sandpiper® All-Terrain Chair/ Beach Wheel Chair has all the features of the Sandcruiser® but smaller to perfectly fit a young child. It is a smaller version of the Sandcruiser®, with smaller balloon wheels and slightly smaller frame size (see specifications for details) and it is bright new yellow!! The Sandpiper’s® upholstery is manufactured from marine grade acrylic canvas, which is ‘UV’ stable fabricated to manufacturer’s recommendations.
APPROVED NDIS #4050011080 (National Disability Insurance Scheme)
- 3 Year Warranty on Frame
- 24 Months Warranty of Wheels and Upholstery
- All metal components are manufactured from 316L Stainless Steel with 600 # surface finished electropolished to a mirror surface, all tube 1.6mm wall thickness marine grade.
- Seat height of 500mm allows easy transfer of the patient from chair to chair.
- No special tools required to dismantle for transport, the use of 6.0mm drop nose pins and “R” clips make dismantle and reassembly effortless.
- A fully adjustable leg rest with padded hinge protectors, adjustable clamp handles with push pin allows handles to be re-positioned after clamping.
- New design, all stainless steel pivot armrests allow both arms rest to be raised for easy patient transfer.
- Sandpiper® All Terrain Chair/ Beach Wheelchair rides over sand, snow, grass and gravel surfaces absorbing shocks for a smooth ride.
- Front castors have a Delrin bush with stainless steel bearings inserts to allow for a full 360-degree rotation to allow the Sandpiper® All Terrain Chair/ Beach Wheelchair to turn in tight locations. The front forks are fitted with a quick release “R” pin to allow for dismantling for transport.
- The anti-tip / brake bar secures the chair in one procedure and is also fitted with a positive lock/release bar for added safety. The brake bar locks both rear wheels and when engaged prevents the Sandpiper® from tipping over backward while making the chair stable for a safe patient transfer.
- All assembly pins are secured to the main frame with 40kg nylon coated stainless steel wire crimp clamped for added strength (note fitted to rear axle “R” clips).
- Low tire pressure reduces the risk of penetration of sharp objects and produces a very smooth and comfortable ride.
- Upholstery is manufactured in Marine Acrylic Canvas which is mold and rot resistant. The fabric is also saltwater resistant and U/V stable. Seating is fitted with quick release buckles for easy removal, i.e. cleaning etc.
- A lap belt is fitted to secure the patient to the chair. Additional Thoracic Belts, Head Rests etc. can be purchased if required.
- Adjustable seating tension, to assist skin conditions.
- Additional thoracic/ anterior trunk/ seating and head support compatible.
- Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) No. 191974
- 3 Year Warranty on Frame
- 24 Months Warranty on Wheels and Upholstery
- Seat width 360 mm, to suit up to 350mm hip width
- Seat height approx. 470 mm
- Length overall 1000 mm including footrest
- Maximum width of 840 mm
- Height from ground to top handles 1010 mm
- Front to rear wheels centers 350 mm
- Weight assembled 20 Kg (approx)
- Front: 2 x WheelEEZ® wheels (24 x 4.8 cm)
- Rear: 2 x WheelEEZ® wheels(42 x 20cm)
WheelEEZ® Sandcruiser®…enabling ‘inclusion for all’
Standard Delivery Times
(Based on working days once your order has been dispatched from our warehouse)
PLEASE NOTE: COVID DELAYS APPLY TO CURRENT DELIVERY TIMES
YOU MAY NEED TO ALLOW 8 - 10 BUSINESS DAYS FOR SOME ITEMS!
Shipping costs are based on the size and weight of the product and your location. Shipping is calculated and added to the total at checkout before payment.
Please note, in some circumstances, an order may attract an extra shipping fee due to unusually bulky or heavy item status or a remote address.*
* In a small number of cases the freight companies will charge us more than what is reasonable to pay to deliver an order, usually for large bulky items to regional locations. We reserve the right to vary our freight charge if this occurs and will advise you before processing your order.
In this instance, DEO will contact you prior to finalising the sale.
We deliver products using a number of local freight operators.
Free freight may be available for some products during a promotional period at the discretion of DEO.
Orders are processed within a business day and dispatched within 2-3 business days.
Shipping times are estimated at between 2 - 3 days for metro regions and 5 - 7 business days for regional areas.
Although DEO will make every effort to adhere to an agreed time for delivery, it accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from any delay however caused.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.