6" Rollator Durable and Functional Wheelie Walkers
This aluminum rollator / wheelie walker is a popular option for its durability and functionality. The six-inch non-marring wheels are great for indoor or outdoor use, and the serrated-edge brakes provide maximum safety. The hinged, padded backrest can be folded up, and a zippered pouch underneath the seat is perfect for securely storing personal items.
- Liquid Coated Aluminium Frame
- • Easily folded for storage and travel
- • Adjustable handle height
- • Soft touch easy squeeze and release hand brakes with locking mechanism - ideal for those with minimal hand strength
- • 6" PVC wheels
- • PVC soft seat
- • Folding & detachable backrest
- • Under seat vinyl storage/shopping bag
- • Colours available: BLUE / SILVER / RED/POWDER BLUE
- Handle Height: 79cm - 95cm
- Seat Height: 54cm
- Seat Width: 35cm
- Backrest Height: 25cm
- Overall Depth: 61cm
- Overall Width: 61cm
- Width Between Handgrips: 45cm
- Wheel Size: 6"
- Weight Capacity: 110kg
- Net Weight: 6.7kg
There are three main activities that you need to perform safely when using your walker. These are: standing up, walking, turning, and sitting down. The following are general guidelines and are not appropriate for everybody. You are strongly encouraged to seek guidance from a therapist for your unique situation.
Preparing to Stand Up:
- Engage the brakes.
- Move forward and sit as close to the edge of the chair as you feel comfortable.
- Keep your feet as far under you as possible. Aim to place your toes directly below the edge of the chair.
- Place both hands on the arms/seat of your chair OR one hand on the chair and one hand on the walker. Do not tip the walker by placing too much weight on one side of the walker as you stand.
- Lean forward until you feel some of your weight on your feet.
- Use your legs to stand as much as possible – your arms should only lift what your legs cannot. Use your arms mostly to help keep your balance as you stand.
- Do not walk forward until you have tested your balance and you feel strong enough to walk.
- Disengage the brakes.
Preparing to Sit Down:
- Stand directly in front of the chair, facing away from it. The back of your legs should be almost touching the chair. Do not start to sit until you are balanced and standing still.
- Move the walker a little away from you so that you can bend slightly forward as you sit down.
- Engage the brakes.
- Reach behind for the chair with both hands (preferred) or with one hand and one hand on the walker. Do not tip the walker by placing too much weight one side as you sit.
- Slowly lower yourself using your legs as much as you can.
- If you “plop” into the chair, try leaning a little more forward as you sit and bend your knees to lower yourself to the chair.
Walking with a Wheeled Walker:
- Place your walker ahead of you before you take any steps.
- Gently roll the walker ahead of you as you walk. Keep the walker close enough to you that it is supportive.
- If your steps are uneven, its best to shorten your longer step rather than work to lengthen your shorter step. The shorter step is usually the step where you have less balance.
- To turn around: stay within the width of the walker even if you are slightly behind. Roll the walker around you without twisting your back – you should always be facing the front of the walker.
- When standing in the kitchen and bathroom: use the counters for your support rather than the walker – but keep the walker within reach.
Please note: this product attracts a 'Bulky Item Charge"
Standard Delivery Times
(Based on working days once your order has been dispatched from our warehouse)
PLEASE NOTE: COVID DELAYS APPLY TO CURRENT DELIVERY TIMES
YOU MAY NEED TO ALLOW 8 - 10 BUSINESS DAYS FOR SOME ITEMS!
Shipping costs are based on the size and weight of the product and your location. Shipping is calculated and added to the total at checkout before payment.
Please note, in some circumstances, an order may attract an extra shipping fee due to unusually bulky or heavy item status or a remote address.*
* In a small number of cases the freight companies will charge us more than what is reasonable to pay to deliver an order, usually for large bulky items to regional locations. We reserve the right to vary our freight charge if this occurs and will advise you before processing your order.
In this instance, DEO will contact you prior to finalising the sale.
We deliver products using a number of local freight operators.
Free freight may be available for some products during a promotional period at the discretion of DEO.
Orders are processed within a business day and dispatched within 2-3 business days.
Shipping times are estimated at between 2 - 3 days for metro regions and 5 - 7 business days for regional areas.
Although DEO will make every effort to adhere to an agreed time for delivery, it accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from any delay however caused.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.